Monday, March 18, 2013

Happy Blogiversary To Meeeeeee!

It's. My. BLOGIVERSARY.






One year ago, I sat down at the computer, did a Google search for "best user friendly blog format" and started writing. 

My Facebook friends have been kind enough to stick with me and keep reading. Well, the loyal ones, anyway. YOU know who you are. (I, however, don't know. Blog stats are NOT that detailed, you  may be relieved to know.) Along the way, I've added new readers who DON'T EVEN KNOW ME AND STILL WANT TO READ WHAT I HAVE TO SAY. 

My most gracious thanks to you all.

Here's where it all started:


(Originally posted March 18, 2012)

Chapter 1, Page 1

Boobies, ta ta's, tits, breasts, whatever you want to call them. I remember being 11, when I couldn't WAIT to get them. They held out on me until I was about 13, but I had a bra anyway, purchased at TG&Y - a humiliating experience with my mother and a sales lady that I've mostly blocked from my memory. (I do remember hearing the words, "28AA is the smallest we have.") My boobies were never deal makers. No one would ever say they were the first thing you noticed about me when you met me. Not even in the top 10 things you might notice. Okay, or the top 50 things you might notice. I didn't notice them much, either, once I got them. 

When I was in my late 20s, I got the first hint that my boobs could actually turn on me. I found a thick place in my left breast that led me to a surgeon and my first mammogram. The surgeon eventually removed a small, benign lump and several small cysts and pronounced that my breasts had fibrocystic tendencies. I would probably always have areas of dense breast tissue, cysts, and tenderness. Just what you want to hear when you're 27!

Pregnancy and nursing in my 30s gave me "C" cups for the first (and only) time in my life. I wasn't sorry to see them go back down two cup sizes when it was all over, but did the very LIFE have to be drained from them as well? 

A few years ago, my fibrocystic tendencies became full-blown fibrocystic disease, starting a cycle of painful lumps, ultrasounds, mammograms, cyst aspirations, needle biopsies, and follow-up. The follow-up ultrasound would find yet ANOTHER large cyst (or two, or five) and the cycle would begin again. None of it fun. All of it leading to the next chapter....

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your blogiversary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vanessa! And thanks for all your bloggy support!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your blogiversary!! This was a very brave thing to post just out of the gate but hopefully you have been able to reach the many women going through breast cancer and with your blog, becoming an inspiration to them! Even better, you've kept your humor--it's the best medicine of all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope it's helped someone besides me. I'm so stinking healthy for a sick person that now I just babble about anything that comes to mind. It may not help anyone else, but it certainly helps ME :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Belated Blogiversary, Dyanne! This was a gutsy first blog entry - but it shows how vulnerable and relatable you are, and that's what readers love. Thank you for all of your bloggy support of me! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! And right back at you with all the bloggy support!

      Delete