Friday, August 24, 2012

Feeling Hot Hot Hot

A typical night:

9:00 p.m. - Take a nice, long, soaky, bubble bath to soothe the tushy that's still a little sensitive and to relaaaaaaax

10:30 p.m. - Off to bed with a book and read until I fall asleep and drop it on my chest and wake myself up again (this pattern can continue several times before I finally give in, put the book away, and go to sleep). Shivering slightly, snuggle under a sheet and light quilt and wait to drift off.

10:30:15 p.m. - Throw the covers off, because I am suddenly very, very warm. Okay, hot. As long as the husband is still up and the lights are on, I lie on the bed without any covers on me. If he has already come to bed and the lights are off, then I have to have the sheet over at least part of me, including one leg, or else the boogey man under the bed will reach up and get me.

10:30:45 p.m. - F-f-f-f-freezing now. All covers pulled back up and me curled into a little ball, trying to get warm again. 

10:40 p,m, - After flopping around in the bed trying to fall back asleep, give up and turn the light back on and read some more, usually going through the drop-the-book game another time or two.

11:00 p.m. - Asleep. Finally.

1:00 a.m. - Why is it so freaking HOT in here? One leg out of the covers. 

1:00:30 a.m. - Down the hall to check the thermostat, as husband has annoying habit of turning it up too high. Nudge it down until I hear the air coming on.

1:01 a.m. - Might as well go to the bathroom while I'm up.

1:03 a.m. - Freezing again. Back in bed, cover up, curl up, and scoot over nearer the human furnace next to me.

1:05 a.m. - Too warm. Back to my side, stare at the clock for awhile and finally fall back asleep.

2:30 a.m. - Wake up suddenly, drenched in sweat. Throw off covers (except one leg). Immediately commence shivering again. Pull covers back up. Too much. Quilt off, sheet on. Nope, cold again. Quilt up, flop over closer to human furnace again. Need to go to the bathroom again (note to self: quit drinking so much right before bed) but don't want to get up. Lie there and try not to think about going to the bathroom. 

2:40 a.m. - Can't stop thinking about going to the bathroom. Getting hot again. Throw human furnace's arm off of me. Get up and go to the bathroom. Come back to bed freezing. Repeat cycle of covers off and on, curling up, flopping around.

3:30 a.m. - Finally asleep again.

5:30 a.m. - Freezing. Lie in bed, cold and miserable, knowing I have to get up in twenty minutes.

5:48 a.m. - Fall into deep, deep sleep.

5:50 a.m. - Alarm goes off. Time to start the day, feeling so REFRESHED....

I guess I can sleep when I'm dead.



No comments:

Post a Comment